Sitting, rolling and saying, "Ma"

The subject describes Melinda's activities over the past couple weeks.

Rolling has become more common. After doing it once at four months, and once at five months, the frequency has increased dramatically as we approach seven months. Melinda enjoys sitting and reaching for toys. If you put things just out of her reach, she will scoot, and even get up on her knees before she comes crashing down on her nose. Hey, how else are you going to learn how to walk?

Friday night we brought her down to Tracey's folks place. Tracey and I relaxed on the couch as Jim and Sharon played with her. No chance of her falling on her face down there. After the first close call, Jim spent the next hour (until her bottle) with one arm wrapped around her, if she should try to fall.

Tracey says that at some point babies are supposed to be able to sit up from laying down on their stomach. I'm not at all certain how that will work. The physics seem to be against it. I can see her getting back around to her back, but when that happens she tries to do a situp to sit up - pretty frustrating if you're a baby with mush for stomach muscles (not so cool if you're an adult with mush for stomach muscles either).

"Ma" is still the sound of choice. All the more common when Melinda is crabby. She's also added "Ah" and "Bh". I'm claiming that she's really trying to say "Da", but it just keeps coming out "Ba". I figure her first real word will be "Abby".

I just finished a book that Julianne and Todd sent us for Christmas "For Better, For Worse." It is a frank look at five couples and their journeys as first time parents. After reading the book, I bought Tracey a little card and told her how much I appreciate her not being Satan. I also kissed Melinda on the head and told her that I appreciated her allowing Satan to enter her body only one day in 10 - and even then for just a short time.

The down side to Melinda's childhood is that we're not getting much good material for stories when she's a teenager. Not that I'm complaining.

That's all for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Day 2 - post arctic blast

Surprises on my final day

Mary Stories