Birthday present

Melinda stopped taking piano lessons (the first time around) in 8th grade.  This story probably starts about 8th grade (2012 or so).  She had started playing around with GarageBand and doing recordings of herself.  I was doing my best to be Dad - biggest cheerleader.  Annoying in ways only Dad can be.

My Dad really likes piano music.  He had a Richard Clayderman CD he loved.  One of the songs on the CD was de Senneville's Ballade Pour Adeline.  I must have heard that 500 times.  I like it too.  So I found the music online and printed a copy for her.  As I remember it, I just put on the music stand part of Tracey's childhood piano and said little (if anything) about it.  I probably nudged and pushed a little guilted about father's day...  It never got played.

Fast forward... Melinda bought herself an electric piano this year and has been making a point of playing it.  

And it's my birthday this year... she played it live for me.  I asked for a recording...

Ballade Pour Adeline (you may have to try from a mobile.  Doesn't play on my chromebook either)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Day 2 - post arctic blast

Surprises on my final day

Teaching day 1