and counting... and counting...

Was fourty weeks really this long last time? I don't think so.

Well, I've started my nesting, so it can't be long now.

This weekend, while Tracey guarded the dependents, I attacked the leaves in our yard. They put up a good fight, but were no match. Afterwards, Tracey told me that next year, merely mowing and bagging will not be sufficient - next year, we've got to rake so the children (Tracey) can jump in the leaves.

I also had opportunity to make a safe home for our cars (cleaned out the garage). And freed up some space in the office for more crap to accumulate. Overall, a very profitable weekend.

Saturday, Melinda and I had swimming. She's ready to swim the English Channel. If only the swimming instructor would quit singing, "Wheels on the bus" - she'd be better able to concentrate. She does love to swim. Give her something to hold her above water and she'll paddle wildly. When she gets an opportunity to wear a life jacket, she's completely free and loves to paddle around.

When not in the water, Melinda's favorite toy is "Little People." She's got lots of them, but generally restrains herself to using her favorite 5 or 6. Mommy, Daddy, Doggie, Bulldozer lady (Bull Lady), other Mommy and occasionally Mary. She's got several scenarios that she likes to play with them. All of which involve the dog, and all of which involve Mommy or Daddy (the real ones) panting, sniffing, "poopies doing [sic]", chasing the ball, etc.

I often get home from work to Tracey saying, "I am not playing "People" anymore." The weather, fortunately, has been wonderful. Even with the loss of daylight, I can take Melinda and Abby out (with the outside spotlight on) to give her a couple of minutes on her own.

Melinda likes to place chase as in "Daddy, Chase!" and now gets the idea of chasing a shadow, so playing chase in the spotlight is fun. She runs between my legs and runs around trees.

Life is good in Chicago. Two weeks and counting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Day 2 - post arctic blast

Surprises on my final day

Mary Stories