from Tracey
Melinda had her first "beauty salon" haircut today. (She has been to a quick cuts place a couple times, and I have trimmed her bangs, but this was her first "salon" visit.)

Kind of spur-of-the-moment... we were strolling in a strip mall and passed the salon I used to go to. I pointed out that this is where mommy used to get her hair cut, and Melinda said "Muh-muh (Melinda) hair cut" and got all excited. Melinda has been looking kind of shaggy as of late, and the salon was empty, so I thought "why not?"

Wasn't sure how it was going to go at first. The stylist turned on her hair dryer to blow some hair off the chair, and Melinda's eyes filled with tears, she clutched at me and said "no dry my hair!" for about 5 minutes, even after the stylist put her hair dryer in a back room. (I think Melinda is in a noise-phobia stage right now -- she doesn't like the vacuum cleaner or lawn mower either.)

But the rest of it went fine. She didn't cry any more, sat pretty still, and now has hair that frames her face instead of flopping in her eyes. Hopefully this will carry us through Christmas!

She's looking more like a kid (not so young) every day! Sniff...

Tracey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Day 2 - post arctic blast

Surprises on my final day

Mary Stories