Making playdoh


DSCN2986
Originally uploaded by robert_h_coleman.
"Dad! Can we make something?" "Dad, can we use my soda kit?" Saturday afternoon. Nothing going on. Boredom creeps in.

"I have a recipe for an icecream float. All I need is a banana, icecream and a blender."

"Melinda, we don't have any icecream."

"I'll use yogurt!" Prep gets underway

"Can I use my soda pop kit?"

"OK Gretch, a scoop of this (baking soda) and a scoop of that (citric acid), then water." FIZZ

"Cool!" [add flavor]

"yum"

"Now can we make play doh?"

Read, read, read. "What in the world is alum? We'd better find a different recipe. Melinda - you add the flour, Gretchen you add the salt, I'll add the oil and boiling water. Now pour in coolaid. Now stir."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Day 2 - post arctic blast

Surprises on my final day

Mary Stories