Bribe: Ice cream or the library

Melinda's turned into a bit of a procrastinator.  Lately we've been finding ourselves bugging her about getting stuff done (Tracey more than me, I'm more for letting her deal with the consequences).  We've had a couple issues with LATE nights.  So we mildly bug.

All weekend, we've known that she has a "math magazine" assignment to do.  She'd had it for a month and started it Friday.  So we bugged her.  17 times this weekend.  Tonight I checked in with her on how much remains... "I'm almost done, just two pages left."  So, I pulled out the bribe.  "Finish it tonight - two days early" and tomorrow I'll take you girls out for ice cream."  The reply "How about I finish it tonight and tomorrow you take me to the library?"

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish you wouldn't post stuff about me like that on the internet =P

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Day 2 - post arctic blast

Surprises on my final day

Mary Stories